The Tambora Guesthouse No.1 is located on the Tambora coffee plantation compound at the village Oi Bura. Oi Bura is a 15 minute drive from the village Pancasila up the mountain. Your trekking to the summit of Mount Tambora will start right in front of the Guesthouse which makes it the ideal base for the night before and after your trekking.
The Guesthouse is a Colonial house, that falls under the ministry of cultural heritage. It is placed in the midst of the lost kingdom of Tambora, what makes the location and its surroundings very special and the area offers a lot to explore and to do.
The main building of the Guesthouse provides three twin rooms and a simple shared bathroom with a western toilet and a bucket shower. Outside the main building are several more rooms so that the Guesthouse can cater for larger groups. Basic Indonesian meals will be served in the communal room, which is perfect to relax before the trek or to wind down the muscles afterwards.
The Tambora Guesthouse No.2 is located a little further up the same path and offers more comfort with a feeling of home. The private house stands in the Bali-village, has two bedrooms with western toilet and shower with hot water, a living room and and a covered terrace in the garden. Depending on reservations we use this guesthouse mainly for couples and/or one family.
You reach both Tambora Guesthouses within a short ride from Pancasila.
Please make reservations prior to your arrival.
- IDR 300.000 per night per room
- IDR 50.000 for breakfast per person
- IDR 50.000 for lunch per person
- IDR 75.000 for dinner per person
- (includes coffee/tea/juice/mineral water)
Our groceries come from far away and have to be delivered via off-road conditions.
- IDR 50.000 for pick-up in Pancasila by motorbike taxi per person (daytime)
- IDR 100.000 for pick-up in Pancasila by motorbike taxi per person (evening-night)
- IDR 100.000 for pick-up in Kadindi by motorbike taxi per person (daytime)
- IDR 150.000 for pick-up in Kadindi by motorbike taxi per person (evening)